Well that makes at least 5 of us, I think that’ll work out just nicely. I’ll keep sign ups open til Monday and then I’ll ship out the box on Tuesday.
The “official” rules of the game:
- You can take as much stuff from the box as you want but you MUST replace the items with others of equal value. For example you can take two balls of a medium priced yarn and replace it with 1 ball of more expensive designer yarn, or likewise take a nice yarn and replace it with more of a cheaper yarn but for the sake of the interest of the box lets keep super cheap yarn (like el cheapo red heart no dye lot acrylic super saver) out of the box okay?
- You must ship the box priority with delivery confirmation. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the person shipping. I will not pay for shipping except when I send it to the first person.
- The box must be shipped within 3 working mail days of receiving the box. So if you receive the box on monday you must have it shipped to the next person on/by thursday. if you recieve it friday it must be shipped on/by tuesday
- All yarn must have original labels or equivalent information attached to them containing at least content type. This just makes it easier for the unexperienced with yarn types to make a better guess at value, or if possible attach the estimated/actual value of the yarn to it.
- If the condition of the box itself is unsuitable you must replace the box. Priority boxes are free from the post office.
- You may include other things in the box like notions, small projects, patterns, etc but they are not required to be replaced if taken.
Additional instructions will be posted in the box concerning who you are shipping to, where it came from, etc.
If you agree to the rules you may participate by sending the following information to me. You will not be included in the swap if you do not provide all valid information. This is very important to the success of the box.
Please email me at cattrah(at)gmail(dot)com the following information:
your forum name, real name and address, valid email address, and valid phone number (to make sure the box keeps moving!)
Please if you think that you may be too busy when the box comes around, don’t participate. It’s not fun to wait on one person for months to get around to shipping the box.
When this works it’s really fun and exciting. I hope that all of you will enjoy it and perhaps there will be many more in the future!