Anyone know a pattern similar to this?

Saw it today at the LYS… Seems like it would be a good 1st sweater, but a little ouchie at $16.50 for the book. Anyone ever seen anything similar?

One Button Cardigan

Thanks!

Jodie

no pattern or link :whoosh:

HAHA! Can you tell I havent slept in a week?! Sorry!

http://www.tahkistacycharles.com/dyn_prod.php?p=TERSS08&k=84002&pb=TERSS08-001

It is actually very “lacey” and open in person… looks more tweedy in the picture.

Drops (Garnstudio) has some nice cardigan patterns available on their website.

You may want to take a look there to see if anything appeals to you.

Wow! You’re not kidding. They have a huge library of patterns.

Jodie

Uh huh. It’ll take you a couplethree days to go through their patterns, but there should be something similar there.

Also www.berroco.com has lots of free cardis that look similar.

HTH

How about: http://www.flintknits.com/patterns/ladysweater.pdf

You know, I have this February Sweater patter saved in my faves on Ravelry too. It is fabulous isnt it? Do you think it would be a good first sweater? Im not necessarily looking for anything quick, just something that wont frustrate me. I can do all te stitches, the patterns just look so intimidating…

Thanks for the suggestion. This may be the one for me…

Jodie

I did find this one on Berocco… I think I prefer the looks of the February sweater better, but this one might be easier? It is very similar to the original one I posted… Stella Sweater Any opinions which would be a better first sweater? I am pretty new knitter, but I LOVE a challenge.

Jodie

The Feb sweater would be good for a first time. It’s top down in one piece so there’s no seams to sew up (except a few stitches at the underarm). It’s a `custom fit’ design - you increase it until it fits you. The Berrocco one is pretty, but there’s all those pieces to sew together and a buttonband to crochet on. It would be less forgiving if you didn’t get the exact gauge you need.

Great thanks! Now I just have to find some yarn!!!