Anyone knit with patons sws?

I was knitting an earflap hat for my one year old and when I looked down my fingers were blue. Has this happened to anyone else? When I am down knitting this If I wash it once will it stop bleeding? I don’t want to turn my son into a smurf. Before I saw it bleeding I was loving this yarn.

:roflhard: sorry sorry I have images of all these kids running around with blue heads hehehe.

um an no I have never used that yarn, its weird patons over here seems to be completely diffent to there even though they use the same logo and everything

what color are you working with? I almost bought some of this the other day and opted to wait until I had a “real pattern” for it first. Most likely a bag or purse for my mom. I’m just curious which color to avoid so I don’t turn out blue too! :roflhard:

I used some to make a little shrug for myself and I’m currently working on a sweater for my daughter. I used Natural Earth and Natural Denim; I haven’t noticed bleeding with those.

In my experience it’s not a bad yarn, though it did seem to be a little splitty, and as I knitted it it did get kind of a fuzzy ‘halo,’ for lack of a better way of putting it.

I’m using the natural denim. My fingers aren’t super blue, but they due have a blue ting to them. I found the yarn was a little fuzzy as well. It made it hard to frog when I found out the hat was going to be to small for his head.

I felted a small purse in the Geranium (darker pink) colorway and didn’t notice any bleeding during the hot wash process. It must be a problem with just the blues. I have a ball of Denim that I haven’t used yet and now y’all got me worried. :oo:

Debi

I used the Natural Earth for a capelet and didn’t have any problem with colors bleeding. It sure can shed on you though! I looove alot about the yarn, but the “halo” it gets is pretty excessive and I find it to feel pretty itchy.