Any Tatters here?

I have just found the wonderful craft of Tatting and I was wondering if there are any knitters on this site that Tat?

I don’t tat but my grandmother did and I still have some of the things she made. Beautiful stuff!!!

My ex’s grandmother tatted but she went so fast there was no hope of seeing what she did and I last watched more than 30 years ago. I’ve often thought I’d like to try it. I might have to get a shuttle and give it a try. I’m not sure I have the dexterity for it. Maybe it doesn’t take as much dexterity as I think??? I just watched a video and think I’ll indulge in the next one. Thanks for bringing this up. Where did you get your shuttle? Did you find it locally or have to order it?

I bought both a shuttle and a tatting needle and I’m not sure if it’s because I knit but I found the tatting needle much much easier to do.

Tatting needle? I’ll have to look into that. Thanks!

I tat

I tat using a tatting needle; however, I haven’t had time to tat in years (too busy knitting, fishing, kayaking, bowfishing, crocheting, bookmaking, and occasionally eating and sleeping).

I think this site is where I got my supplies and how-to books. They used to have some nice linen handkerchiefs that had small holes around the edges so you could add your own border. I don’t see them on their site now, though.

Is there an area / thread, here for tatters to post on? If not maybe we could ask if they could give a place to post on Needle and Shuttle Tatting ?

I want to learn to tat so I can embellish some summer tops I have and a jean jacket. I also found that you can make some really beauitful necklaces .

Tatting needles look like a very long sewing needle .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C797Q8xcviE

I’ve tatted for years, I have 2 ‘How To’ videos on You Tube.

If I can help in any way let me know x