Another decrease question

So, I’m finally tackling my first sweater! Here’s the pattern.

I’m planning on using K2tog or SSK for decreases on knit sides. From what I understand, you want to use a right slant on the left edge of the piece and vice versa. Is that correct?

Now, for the purl side, are you referring to the slant as you’re looking at it (WS) or what it’ll appear on the other side? Does that make sense? In other words, if you’re on the WS, purling, would you use a P2tog to slant left or right? Is the SSP the opposite of P2tog and what I should use on the other side?

Finally, the pattern says to do the right front same as left, except reversing shapings. It has ** to start where you’re supposed to copy and then it’s supposed to have ** when you start the shaping. Am I correct that the shaping is just referring to the arm/neck and I’d just do the decreases on the opposite side of the work (RS vs. WS)?

Thanks in advance for all your help! You guys are the best :)!!!

A p2tog is like the back of a ssk, and ssp is like the back of a k2tog.

I’m planning on using K2tog or SSK for decreases on knit sides. From what I understand, you want to use a right slant on the left edge of the piece and vice versa. Is that correct?
This is right for the outside, armhole sides, of the piece, but for the neckline you will want the left slant on the right front (as worn), and the right slant on the left front.

Finally, the pattern says to do the right front same as left, except reversing shapings. It has ** to start where you’re supposed to copy and then it’s supposed to have ** when you start the shaping. Am I correct that the shaping is just referring to the arm/neck and I’d just do the decreases on the opposite side of the work (RS vs. WS)?
Yes, you have this right.

Good luck with your sweater. I didn’t see a picture of the finished sweater where your pattern was, but it sounds cute in the reading. If I was knitting this hoodie I would consider a different buttonhole than given, one with a little more stability.