Ann Norling The Perfect tee #67rev Neck shaping

I seem to be having some issues with the neck shaping. I did see that there was another post on this in the forum, but it looks like it is a different revision than the one I am working on.

First the back shoulder shapping:
BO 6 sts at beg of next 2 rows.
BO 6 sts at beg of next 2 rows.
BO 7 sts at beg of next 2 rows.
Put rem 34 sts on holder.

That is where the back ends there are no further instructions for dealing with the stitches that are put on the holder.

Now the front:
Work as for back doing all shaping until armhole opening measures 6" above BO sts. (this I did with no problem, the next part is kind of confusing)

Front Neck Shaping:
K 19 sts
Place next 26 sts on holder. Attach a second ball of yarn & K to end of row. Working both sides at the same time, dec 1 st each neck edge every other row 4 times.
Con until piece measures same as back to shoulder shaping.

The pattern seemed pretty easy to follow up to this point. So I have the back, neck stitches on a holder, and I am ready to do the front neck shaping, but have no idea how to proceed.

Any help would be great, Thanks!

Welcome!
For the front neck shaping, knit across 19sts (the left shoulder) and place the center 26sts on a holder. You’ll need to start a new ball or a new end of yarn for the right shoulder. For the neck decreases you can work across the wrong side row on each shoulder with the appropriate yarn strand and then on the next right side row, knit across to 3sts before the neck, k2tog, k1, drop the yarn and pick up the second yarn strand, k1, ssk and knit to the end of row.
You’ll continue working each shoulder with its yarn strand. Work the decreases every right side row for a total of 4 times.

Thanks that makes the front Understandable. Still perplexed by the back neck and he stitches just left on the holder.:slight_smile:

Are there directions toward the end of the pattern for a collar or band? Usually that’s where the held sts, front and back are used.

I did find mention of the neck in 2 other places.

Finishing:
…Weave one shoulder seam. With the RS facing PU & K along the neckline by inserting the needle in the center of each st or between the 1st & 2nd st on vertical edges. K a matching border or K1 row & BO loosely. Weave rem shoulder seam…

and the second one.
Knitting note:
Neck Dec: On RS row, K to 3 sts before neck opening, K2tog, K1. On other side of neck opening, K1 SSK, K to end.

The knitting note for the neck refers to the BO shoulder shaping on the back and neck shaping on the front.

Well, kind of vague directions there. Basically you’ll have to play around with the number of sts to pick up on either side of the held sts. When you get to the held sts you can knit them onto the right needle. On the next rows work whatever pattern you wish and then bind off.

Thanks, I think I know what I’m doing now.