And brilliant counters here?

This isn’t really a how to question…but I’m just wondering how ya’ll keep track of things like when you have to decrease every 12th row 17 times…all those fun things. Do you just try to see your last dec and count up? Or has someone come up with some genius idea that I would never think of in a million years?

I try to keep the count in my head and now that I have a row counter it helps as a back up. When the count gets too high or I have multiple counts to do I usually end up having to count back from my last decrease/increase. Maybe using 2 row counters at once would help for those really involved patterns. :??

It’s not a genius idea, but I use a notepad and pencil to keep track of my counts. For the suggested scenario, I’d set up 17 lines with 12 tick marks. Then tick them off row by row.

Tally marks are the easiest way for me to keep up. I will use a D or an I instead of a tally mark if I’m making a decrease or increase. I always make a copy of the pattern to mark up while I’m knitting.

I stick to paper and pencil but I know some people use something like this.

It’s not a genius idea, but I use a notepad and pencil to keep track of my counts. For the suggested scenario, I’d set up 17 lines with 12 tick marks. Then tick them off row by row.

I do this too.