Alpaca Lacy Scarf

I bought the most beautiful yarn at the Kitchener Knitter’s Fair on Saturday. It’s Alpaca from a local farm and I’ve never felt anything softer. I bought it in a little kit with a pattern for a little lacy scarf. When blocked it will be a little wider and the lace easier to see. It’s a little hard to knit with because it’s so fine and I shouldn’t have started it on metal needles because it has slipped off a couple of times. I may buy some wood needles and switch if I start going nuts! Here’s my progress so far…

That’s going to be really pretty. :thumbsup:

I love that blue colour and it must be so soft …this is going to be a beautiful and special scarf.

That will look lovely when finished and so soft x

that is so pretty.

It’s a little hard to knit with because it’s so fine and I shouldn’t have started it on metal needles because it has slipped off a couple of times. I may buy some wood needles and switch if I start going nuts!

I have 2 pair of bamboo needles… and 2 of the aluminum. I prefer bamboo, but there just aren’t enough places in my area that sell knitting tools and yarm :frowning:

I can only get bamboo at one store, and they only have sizes 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 and 13… They don’t even have hooks or space for other sizes.

Do you find that the bamboo needles are less slippery for something fine and soft?

that will be very pretty and I love the color:happydance:

It looks beautiful! The yarn is lovely and the stitching is too.

I also bought an alpaca lace scarf kit at the Kitchener fair. Mine is Silver Cloud Alpacas but I haven’t started yet. I must finish up other projects first. I think bamboo needles are probably what I shall use as it will be my first lace project. Yours looks very nice so far.