Alexi Cardi#2, modified

I had made a gray one of these last month for my daughter, and when my friend saw it she immediately wanted one :smiley:
So due to her desire that it be machine washable and the huge amount of yardage required, she bought 2 skeins of Lion Brand Pound of Love in mint green.
I modified the original pattern to include a hood and a zippered closure. This one does not have the zipper yet, but my friend has a sewing maching and will put the zipper in herself.
The original pattern can be found here:

http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/alexi_card_scarf/alexi_card_scarf.html

Your sweater is absolutely georgeous! Lucky friend :slight_smile:

That is super looking!
:cheering:

That’s so pretty! Love the cables and hood!

i :heart: the hood
very pretty cardi

:passedout:

Ditto!

I love the way the cables go up into the hood.

Wow!

That’s a masterpiece! Beautifully done!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

JudyD

Stunning job!!!

Its just beautiful. I would love to know how you modified it. I love it the way you made it and want one just like it!

:notworthy: :passedout: :notworthy:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

yep, yep…please give us the details. Your knitting is absolutely gorgeous! How long did it take you to knit?

Amazing! You did a great job! :notworthy:

Jessica–
I wrote down the instructions for the modification when I made the first one here:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27323&sid=b9df734792f2b9ce58057783efd88504

Thanks Yvonne

stunning work. ! absolutely beautiful craftsmanship. awesome.

Very talented. You must have spent so much time on this sweater. I sure hope the wearer appreciate the work you have put into this garment.

Take care!

yep, yep…please give us the details. Your knitting is absolutely gorgeous! How long did it take you to knit?[/quote]

It took just about three weeks of evenings. It’s a fun, non-boring pattern. I want one for myself now, but after making two of them back-to-back, I’m making a couple of pair of socks first. :teehee:

That seems fast I am gonna get some yarn and start one for my best friends birthday I think.

That is just stunningly beautiful. :notworthy:

Oh my God, that is so unbeleivable! You’ll have a friend for life, that’s for sure. I’m in total awe. :passedout: