Afghan

I would like to make an Afghan with using just one color, but I’am not sure of what kind of needles to buy or what kind of yarn I should buy, so if you please help me. That would be great.

Well, Afghans can get pretty expensive, so I usally stick to the cheap stuff…like Red Heart Super Saver. As for needles, most afghan patterns I’ve looked at use size 11, 13, or 15 needles. You probably want it to be a 24" or longer circular needle. It really all depends on what you want to make, and how big you want your stitches to be, or if you want to use more than one strand of yarn at a time.

The color, go with something you love, because you’ll be looking at it for a while.

www.knittingpatterncentral.com I’m SURE has lots o patterns…try to pick something that has a tiny bit of detail in it, that way you won’t go crazy with it being boring, but it won’t be too detailed that you won’t be able to do it.

A stitch dictionary might give you an idea of what kinds of stitches to pick from.

The yarn, try not to take something with too much texture, that way, you’ll be able to see your stitches. :slight_smile: