Addi's or KP fixed circulars?

Hi all!

I’m hoping to get some advice before I get some new needles. I’m thinking about switching away from my trusty dpns since I’ve been doing more magic loop, and I need size 1’s and 2’s for socks. I’m just not sure if I should spring for the addi turbos or stick with the KP fixed - I haven’t used either one, just KP Options. Are the addis that much better? What is your favorite? What do you like about them? And if I’m mostly doing magic loop, should I be looking at 32" or 40"?

Any feedback is appreciated!

IMHO, There are only 2 differences between the KP fixed circs and Addi Turbo’s. KP’s fixed circs are pointier, and their cable is MUCH more flexible. So I’d go with the KP needles. I love them sooooo much more than I do my Addit Turbo’s. I can’t help you for magic loop cable lengths, as I don’t like doing that method. Someone else will come along and be able to advise you on that.

Thanks! - I never thought I’d like ML much either, but ended up doing a project or two with it when I didn’t have the right size dpns. Now I’m just curious how it would be to do socks that way. And pointy AND flexible are big pros in my book!

If pointiness and flexibility are the most important to you, I’d go with KP circs. From everything I hear, Addis are fine. But I don’t think you can beat KP circs.

I never thought I’d find a better needle than my Addis, but the two factors listed above are dead on. KP have a sharper tip and more flexible cables. Can’t go wrong in my book.

I switch back to my Addis for some things or use them along with my KP for knitting on two circulars.

For the price I’d go with the fixed circs. I think you’ll love them, but if not you aren’t out a lot of money. I love mine and the cable IS flexible and the tips pointy!

One thing to be aware of though is that the pointiness does make it seem as though you are repeatedly stabbing a toothpick into your finger. :wink:

I would say, though, that in the small small sizes, there isn’t a LOT of difference in the pointiness. Once you get to about size 3 or 4 though, it is definitely clear.

I would go with 40". If you ever want to do 2 adult socks at once, you’ll be glad you have a 40"!

Thanks so much for the help. I agree with the cost factor, Jan - I compared tonight, and even if I decide I hate doing socks this way, I’m not out a ton of money. And thanks Ariane - I was actually thinking of giving the 2 at a time a try - I mean, why not?:wink: