Adding button band

here is the pattern http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTcinxia.html it doesn’t come with button band and I would like to add one.Any ideas out there.I’ve never added a band to a sweater that didn’t have one.Notice that it’s made to flare out at the bottom.Will that be a problem?

I’ve never added a button band on my own either, but the principal would be the same as any other sweater, I’d think.

Have you considered those pewter clasps? You could add them without a band. Just a thought.

THAT’S a good idea :smiley: Thanks Ingrid.Hows Sally and your husband doing? Are you loosing your mind yet?

Oh, man, I lost that years ago! :rofling: They’re both claiming what’s left of my withered little mind. :wink:

:thinking: And then you have to go to school with problem kids!!! I don’t know how you do it?Your gonna end up in the funny farm if your not careful!!!OHHHHHHHH you already live in a funny farm :smiley: Bet you’re glad you have the forum so you can be with some normal people :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: OK so the only thing normal in your life is knitting itself :thumbsup: I’m just glad you’re here to help us slightly :roflhard: :roflhard: normal people!!! Don’t know what we all would do without you!!!Thanks again :heart: :heart:

Funny Farm? I’ll go!! Do they have alpacas? :pray:

I found these–scroll down.

http://schoolhousepress.com/buttons.htm

Those are great! I need those celtic knot buttons!

Those are just what I need!!! I think I’m gonna look into getting some alpacas.See just how much work is involved in taking care of them and see if theres a demand for the fur :?? hair whatever you call it

OH MY GOD Not for the faint-hearted
Alpaca breeding stock costs are dizzying. An average pregnant female costs $22,000, according to the AOBA. Some sell as low as $12,500; superior stock commands $40,000.

Males retail between $7,500 and $25,000, although the highest quality studs have sold for more than $100,000. Prudent farmers might assume they can save by shelling out $1,000 to $3,000 for stud fees, but alpacas are social mammals. Solo living stresses them out until they die.

I think I changed my mind :roflhard: :roflhard:

My friend got her alpacas for about $3,000-$5,000 each, pregnant. Two ended up having babies. There are the high-priced registered alpacas and the non-registered just-as-good alpacas. I’m sure there are differences, but for fleece, alpaca is alpaca, and for the person who wants an alpaca, you don’t have to spend tens of thousands. Her husband got them for her for Christmas, and they do live on a farm, so there were already barns and fields available. Both babies are male, but because you have to keep a non-neutered male separate with a gelded male for company, she’s going to raise them for fleece and have the females bred again from a stud from another farm.