A Proud Moment in my Knitting Career

I’m knitting the Brea Bag from Berocco.com. It’s knit in two pieces, front and back, plus a gusset. The front and back are identical pieces, and I just finished both. (Well…I knit the front a few days ago, and cast on the back last night and finished it today)

I spread them out to take a look and then placed them back to back and…guess what happened???

Wait for it…waaiiittttt for it…

THEY’RE EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE!!! THEY TOTALLY MATCH!
wooohoooo!!!
:passedout:

That’s never happened before! Hahahaahah :roflhard: :roflhard:

I’m very proud of myself for apparently keeping a consistent gauge over two separate pieces of fabric. Huzzah! :happydance:

Hee hee, I know this is silly but it’s a big moment for me!
Enjoy the pics.

:cheering: It looks wonderful and you just reminded me that mine is still in WV waiting for a zipper… I can’t even remeber when I left it with mom now :teehee:

That is going to be beautiful!

:cheering: yeah, that is awesome!!! congrats!

I’m making one of those too… but mine is orange. Yours looks wonderful - way to go. You should give yourself a big pat on the back, but i’m sure you already have…

Maybe you should buy some more yarn as a reward for yourself :teehee:

ooh, that looks great! Good job! :cheering: I just saw an ad for that pattern in a magazine and admired it! Now I am admiring it even more!

Great Job!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

That’s gorgeous! Way to go! What yarn are you using? I love that color.

Great job! You have every right to be proud.

Thanks everybody! This was a really easy and quick knit…of course I still have to seam. And I think I’ll definitely have to line the bag. The pattern recommends Ultra Alpaca–but my LYS doesn’t really stock Berocco so I’m using Plymouth Yarns Suri Merino in color 1654. It’s a very deep blue-green in real life. And soooo soft. :slight_smile:

I kinda wish I made a garment of some sort next to my skin instead…eheheh

Good for you! It’s looking wonderful!

:cheering: :cheering: Great Job!!

:cheering: :muah: :cheering: :muah:
Looking good!!

That is so pretty! I love the color and the pattern. Great job. :smiley:

I just had my very own “proud moment” I’ve been trying to master the yrn p2 tog for what seems like forever, and I just did it perfectly and (almost) effortlessly!!! :happydance:

Yay!! :cheering:
It’s so much fun when you master a little piece of technique like that, isn’t it?

It’s funny, because once you are able to do it easily, for the first time, you kind of sit back and think, ‘huh, that was actually really easy… why couldn’t I do that before??’ But, you definitely feel very very proud when you finally ‘find it’. :happydance:

That’s a very interesting bag and quite an accomplishment.
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Great job! Looks like it’s gonna be a gorgeous (sp?) bag!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Way to go!

Joe