A noob sharing a f.o blanket

Cool… I live in Queens also~ :waving: Currently in Elmhurst but will be back in Bayside (where I’m originally from) in 2 weeks…

Great job!!! A wonderful first project!

Thank you Sara_Jayne :oops: .
Btw, Cindy that’s so cool, I live in Jackson Heights very close to Elmhurst. Bayside sounds great!! I lived their about 10 years ago 1 block away from Crocheron park and about 5 blocks away from that Pizzeria Uno on Bell Blvd.

You said it! It is absolutely beautiful :slight_smile:

Excellent job! I started knitting in Feb, and still can’t master the Purl stitch!

See, my newbie projects had holes in them, but the holes were not on purpose.

lovely!

how do you make the lacey chevron pattern.

Thank you Tamar, ecb, Kathyincali, zebstriped and chee7e for all the kind words :oops: .

Btw Chee7e the pattern is worked over 11 sts.

Rows 1,3,5,7 (ws): Purl
Row 2: k1,yo,sl 1, k1, psso, k5, k2tog, yo, k1.
Row 4: k2,yo, sl 1, k1, psso, k3, k2tog, yo, k2
Row 6: K3, yo, sl 1, k1,psso,k1, k2tog, yo, k3
Row 8: k4,yo, sl 1, k2tog, psso, yo, k4
Repeat these 8 rows: finishing with a row 8

Awesome! What a small world…

I’m going to miss Elmhurst a little bit, but that’s one good thing about Bayside…the peace and quiet! I also have to check out the yarn store in Bayside…I wasn’t obsessed with knitting yet when I lived there last! Not sure where the Pizzeria Uno is…is that near the LIRR station?

Definitely a small world Cindy!!! You have to let me know how the yarn store is over there!! BTW, Yes the Pizzeria Uno is about 3 blocks away from the L.I.R.R. I remember there being a movie theater around there as well. Bayside is a great place to live~ Lol but Elmhurst definitely has its charm too. :teehee:

Beautiful 1st project! Congrats! :cheering:

Next time, tell him 1 yo’s grow fast, lol!

great job

Thank you Thischicknits and Jess_hawk :slight_smile: and Jess_hawk :rofl: :roflhard: … exactly!!! lol

oh my goodness! You certainly have neat even stitches! I cannot wait to see what you do in the future!!

Hotels In Mexico City

:oops: :hug: Thank you for the kind words Monidew :-), lol it looks like I will be knitting more blankets since I have another Nephew and a Niece that also want blankets :pout:, I don’t know when I will be able to finish them though… :wall: :rofl:

:cheering: nice lace!

Wow, that’s pretty incredible!

I bought some lace yarn, but I’m still chicken. :wall:

:oops: :hug: Thank you for all the kind words Dewdrops and Webigail.