A beginner's knitting with beads: How to add a new ball of yarn?

First off, excuse my English (I’m Danish and I’m not familiar with English knitting terminology) :slight_smile:

I’m so much considering to take on new challenges with beads in my knitting. However, I’m slightly intimidated. So I’ve figured what I want to do it and how to pre-string the yarn with all necessary beads for the entire project. However, I truely cannot visualize what to do with all the pre-stringed beads when the firsh ball of yarn runs out and you have to add the new one. How do the beads follow the string from a new ball of yarn?

I really hope it makes sense and I hope someone knows the answer :slight_smile:
//Signemarie

Welcome to the forum!
It’s just as well not to string all the beads onto the yarn ball. Usually the beads wear on the yarn as they move along the strand.
Only string a medium number of beads on the yarn. It’s better to have to cut the yarn and restring beads than to wear out the yarn with a large number of beads.
If you should have beads leftover at the end of a ball of yarn, push them off and restring onto the new ball.

There’s also a method for adding beads one at a time as you need them which has the advantage that the beads don’t slide to the other side of the knit fabric. See Other Techniques here
http://www.knittersreview.com/how-to-knit-with-beads/

@salmonmac

Thank you so much. It makes sense, yet it seems a bit like a lot of work. But I guess that’s just how it is with beads :slight_smile:

//Signemarie