3 more FOs

I recently finished two Cabled Newsboy hats that I frogged. The first one, made from Brown Sheep Lamb’s Pride Worsted was too tight around the cast-on. The second one was knit from Berocco Ultra Alpaca, and while I love the yarn, it wasn’t the right fit for that hat…too drapey…perhaps it was the needle size I used to get gauge.

The third project is a modified version of the Spirogyra fingerless mitts. Instead of doing a yo I used a M1 backward loop. I also used the tubular cast-on for the cuffs. I wanted to use the tubular cast-off as well, but couldn’t make it work this time. As it is, one mitt got cast-off in ribbing, and the other in knit, and I had to re-work the thumbs to get them to fit; but I am so done with this project.

Pretty, pretty, pretty! That yarn for the gloves is gorgeous!

NICE! Great job!

They look great! You sound like me trying to find the right yarn for the right pattern. I end up trying all kinds of things before I actually start the project.

:happydance: They look great, love the mitts!

Very nice. The newsboy hats are awesome. Pattern please?

The Cabled Newsboy Hat is in Stitch 'N Bitch Nation. Very easy pattern, I’ve made two others using a bulky yarn, but for some reason I could not achieve gauge using the Lamb’s Pride. Otherwise, that would have been a nice hat to keep.

I wish I remembered the name of the yarn…I bought it in Taos, NM and all I remember is that it’s hand-painted by a woman in Sedona, AZ.

so pretty!

Pretty!

I am so done with this project
LOL

Very very nice work!!! :thumbsup: I just love them!

Lovely ! so pretty :slight_smile:

I’m sorry the hats didn’t work out – they look really cute. Pretty gloves. Love the colorway.