I finished 3 (real) objects last week! That’s a record for me. :happydance: The week before Christmas I actually made about 7 scarves, but they were all really skinny scarves, relatively short, and knit in garter… and I used really thick yarn. :oops:
Knit in Manos Del Uruguay. Colorway: Stellar.
It’s surprisingly itchy… anyone know what I can do to reduce the scratchiness?
Knit in Rowan Yarns Silk Wool. Color: Greenwood.
This was my 2nd attempt at Odessa. I knitted it almost perfectly. I have a big head so I added 10 stitches to the CO for the pattern… sadly, it’s still a bit too small. I’ll probably attempt it one more time with an added 20 stitches in the CO.
My third object is a prototype for a hat my cousin requested. She loved the Malabrigo I used for the scrunchable scarf so I knit this hat in Malabrigo: Autumn Forest.
It’s a hat with ear flaps. She also requested a pom-pom.
My main augmentation to this basic hat was adding ribbing to the earflaps and carrying it up about 2 inches into the main body of the hat. All the hard work calculating the pattern was practically useless because the ribbing just disappears once I start the stockinette. I think I’ll have to add a color change for the real hat I make for her.
you can find more pictures on my blog!