3-6 Month Cardigan Help!

Hi there, I am currently attempting my first baby cardigan for my friend. The pattern I have is the Stylecraft Pram Set 4187.

I am doing th 3-6 moths size so cast on 129 stitches however, as I am reading the pattern it says to follow the pattern until the final 7 stitches (3rd Row on photo) however if I am correct as I add up the stitches required to be done it comes to 9? Am I reading this correctly?

I am pulling my hair out haha. Please Help :heart:

The end of row 3 requires 7sts. Remember that the yf doesn’t use a stitch. It’s done by bringing the yarn to the front between the needles and then over the right needle to the back. That’s it.

The k2tog takes 2sts,
k1 takes 1,
slip 1, k1 psso takes 2sts
and finally the k2 takes 2sts…

1 Like

Hi there, I am wondering if you can help me again? I am up to the section in the pattern where it divides for the front and the back. I have done the first row where I purl and cast off some stitches half way through but now it I shall asking me to K29 Sts and turn, leaving the remaining sts on a spare needle.

Can you help me on how to do this? Thank you x

https://www.stylecraft-yarns.co.uk/Baby+DK+Pattern+4187+Pram+Set/0_caea446/PRNB233.htm

Knit 29 sts and turn as you would at the end of the row. It looks like the knit side is the RS (right side) of the set and the purl side is the WS (wrong side) so you would turn to the WS.
You can move the remaining sts to a holder or spare needle or leave them on the working needle and ignore them for the moment.

Thank you soooo much for all your help! The cardigan is for a friend and want to make it perfect haha! I’m stressing too much haha x

1 Like