2008 Christmas KAL

[COLOR=darkred]I know we just got past 2007 Christmas, In order for me to have all my project done I have to start now. Would anyone want to join me in this KAL here is my list:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]Husband: Cable afghan, Socks, Sweater[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Kids(2boys): Afghan, Socks[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Cousins : Dishcloths[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Friends: Dishcloths[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred] That is it for right now because I have the back of the sweater done and the cable afghan on the needles, dishcloth on needle, I have patterns for the sock just have to get the yarn. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Hope you join in with me!!![/COLOR]

I’m with ya! It takes me the whole year to get all done! I;ll have to decide what else I’ll make but here is what I know so far:
DH- felted clogs
DD#1- poncho
DD#2- poncho
Lets get started!.. of course I haveto finish my UFO’s first!! hee hee

i don’t even want to THINK about christmas yet… thus far i just want to make dh a Dr. Who scarf :slight_smile:

Greenwitchknitter thanks for joining in with me:cheering: , Do you have a picture of the felted clogs? They sound like something I would be interested in making!

I would like to join this KAL, I have started to knit my daughter a floor length Faux fur coat. The cast on for the back is 211 stitches. Its a pattern in knitting magazine I think nov or dec 2005. Knitting six row takes me nearly an hour.
the weight is a bit of a strain on my hands so am waiting for my Knit Picks Options to arrive. Have so far managed 18 rows. I will be doing lots of other projects in between in the hope that I will not become bored.

esiuol,
to see a pic of the clogs go to Ravelry… i’m greenwitchknitter on there also!.. still finishing the ufo’s!! hopefully will be done in the next few weeks, ill let you know when I start in on the Christmas projects!!

Karina
Welcome and I am glad you joined in. What a nice gift you will be knitting a coat wow!! I have a pattern for a crochet coat but all I have done to it is looked at it. I might try to knit a coat or maybe a jacket if I can find a cute pattern. Keep us posted on how things are going. Post pictures if you can.
Happy knitting!!!

here is a couple of pictures of the start of my daughters coat and and a picture of how it hopefully will turn out.

When my Carpal Tunnel settles down I’d love to join in. I need to start now so I can really get some things done and enjoy the season and the knitting I do for the season. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I’ll be able to knit for more than just a row or two… It’s so hard to stop that sometimes I just forgo it altogether…

I hope your hands and arms feel better soon, so you can join in this KAL. I imagine as we get closer and closer to Christmas it will get a lot busier. I haven’t worked on my coat for the last week. there are just to many distraction on this forum (so many other projects that I also want to do).

[SIZE=4][COLOR=purple]Karin that is a beautiful coat. Keep us posted on your progess!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hello everyone,
How is everyone doing on your project.
I am working on dishclothes right now. I found a lot of patterns on the internet, I am working on the states and initials cloths.
I keep changing my mine on the gifts to make.

I was going to start a new thread and then I found this one… how is everyone doing?

I have everything planned… and I’ve started knitting them… I have 2 squares done and a third started for the 2 afghans I’m going to make. And a hat for Belle’s doll (she wants doll clothes) and I have almost all the yarn bought. A good start

im mostly working on a baby blanket for my cousin’s wife, who is due December 20th (close enough to Christmas :teehee: )I might do a scarf or to but that will be my main craft project. Of course, I could always start one aroud thanksgiving or when I am laid up in bed after my next foot surgery in December… :teehee:

[B]I would love to join in the christmas kal. i hope i can get it all done its my very first kal.

newphew hat, mittens, scraf
dh hat
ds sock(if i can finsh one):cheering: :happydance: [/B]

LOL, I’m excited that I found this! I’m joining! Maybe you all can keep my nose to the needles? lol

so far here are the plans:

4-8 sets of the following: bath mitt, tribble, dishcloth

BF: Black hat with red horde symbol, draw string bag
bf’s sisters fiance: Black hat with whit skull and crossbones, draw string bag
Bf’s sister: one of the bath sets and a draw string bag
Lil Bro: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/skull-illusion-scarf and/ or a hat
Mom: bath set, ??
bf’s mom: bath set
bf’s dad: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-ruffler (maybe)
dad: ??
gma: bath set

and who all knows what else! lol, I guess i might be overly ambitious!

Yeah! :cheering: A KAL I may actually be able to complete! :teehee:

Nieces (3) – matching Summerlin dresses using Aloha fabrics & Rainbow Babies
Mom – Slant Pocket Bag in Black or blue
SIL – Squatty Sidekick Bag
MB – a tbd lacey stole (trying to choose between several patterns)
Ladybug – Summerlin dress & Hunny Bunny
Bug – Hedgehog family to go with the Jan Brett books I’m going to get him

So far I have made two cloths and one tribble! They came together fast but School started today so I might find my goal a little hard to reach!

Those hedgehogs are SOO cute!
Have you seen the ‘Jean Greenhowe’ hedgehogs? They’re just as cute, and a little easier, I think? They’re from her knit book - Knitted Toys published by Hamlyn.

What a great idea! I don’t have all my ideas lined up yet, but I do want to knit some ornaments & hats for SHIPS * some things for Warm Woolies.

DH: socks, mittens & a hat
DD’s: shawls & teddy bear
MIL: sweater
DS: socks & maybe a sweater
GS: sweater & teddy
and maybe dishcloths for friends

I’m glad I won’t have much to do!:knitting: