2 Questions. Ending with WS and Selvage St

My first question is silly, but I do get confused when asked to end with a ws or rs row. Does this mean your last row will be WS or does it mean the row facing you when you pick your needle up again will be ws.

2nd question is I have never completed a sweater or anything else for that matter that needs seaming because when I get to that point in the project I look at my edge stitches and can’t even imagine how to match the seams up because my edges look so messy. So what I started doing is knitting with the selvage stitch and once I got to binding off there posed another problem which is how to make room in my seaming for that extra stitch, seems like to me I would have a tough time cause my sleeve would have less stitches than the body. I guess the only solution I can come up with at this point is to alleviate the selvage stitch altogether and incorporate it into the work meaning instead of casting on 2 extra stitches for each side, instead I can just slip the first one as to purl and knit the last one with the recommended amount of cast on stitches. Will this affect my pattern though is my question.

Thx!

When you `end with a WS row’, you’ve just finished it.

You don’t need to add the extra stitches on the edge for a selvedge; by definition, the selvedge is the edge stitch on a side. If you want to slip the first one and knit the last one, just remember that you’re doing it and it shouldn’t mess with a pattern stitch.

Thank you so much. I know the answer to the first question was oh so obvious, I just got confused because this particular pattern seemed like it should have ended with a rs row. Thx!

Looking at the next row should give you a clue as to whether you’ll do a RS or WS row next.