THis is the beginning of the pattern for joining the collar
Now that you have your 4 pieces, you need to sew the seams and add the ribbed collar. For this step, you
need double pointed US 17 needles, a darning needle, and your remaining yarn.
- Start by taking the front and the back pieces of your sweater. Place them together at the shoulders,
where you bound off 12 sts on each side. You should have 11 sts on waste yarn in the center of each
piece. These 22 stitches will be picked up and knit for the ribbed collar, but not yet.
- Once you’ve lined the front and the back up, sew together the top shoulder seams on each side (you
should be sewing 12 sts together on each side). After you do this, you should be able to put your head
through the neck hole and “wear” your creation, but it will look really funny. So you need to keep going.
- [B]Take the 22 sts (11 sts on each piece) and thread 4 size 17 dpns into the stitches. I like to do 6 sts on[/B]each needle, picking up 1 on each side of the shoulder seam. If you don’t want to do that, 2 sets of 6 sts
and 2 sets of 5 sts will be fine.
- Start knitting in the round. To get the ribbed collar, k1 p1 all the way around until you’re finished. This
should be about 6 rows.
- Bind off loose-ish.
- All knitting is finished now.
[COLOR=“black”][B]Can anyone send me a link as to how to use the US17 DPN needles to attach the collar?[/B][/COLOR]