100% Acrylic

So I was going through my yarn stash and found some stuff that I’ve had for almost 10 yrs. It’s the cheap Acrylic stuff by Caron.

What on earth can I make with this that will actually look nice??
Socks?? would they hold up??

Thanks everyone.

Afghans, baby blankets. Probably too thick for socks unless you’re thinking about socks to wear as slippers.

I don’t know about acrylic for socks, it’s not breathable so might make your feet sweat… :shrug: I use acrylic for charity items a lot of times.

I actually made an shrug out of Caron’s Simply Soft and I think it looks pretty good.
Ginny

Yes it can be used for sweaters or cardigans too. If you use a needle a size or two larger than on the label, acrylics come out feeling soft and they also soften up a lot in the wash.

What’s the yardage and color? Is it worsted weight?

You can use that for market/produce bags. It’s not the greatest yarn, but ya know, it’s gonna last at least a while and it’s pretty strong.

It wouldn’t happen to be Dazzleaire, would it?

I have a bunch of dazzleaire. :frowning: I didn’t really like it that much, but I did use some. I’m not sure what I have left. (I didn’t buy it, someone gave me 2 black trashbags of acrylic yarn.)

Another tip for you: if you put about one or two ounces of hair conditioner in the final rinse when you are washing acrylic, it comes out nice and soft. I used it on the scratchiest, nastiest neon green acrylic and it was lovely and soft once it came out of the dryer!

Oooooh, I love Dazzleaire!!! I think it’s gorgeous, and love making stuff with it. Got any left??

I don’t know. I’ll check. If I do, it’s partial skeins.