After working feverishly for the past 3 weeks on a sweater for dh for our anniversary this Friday, I finally got to the point where I could join the sleeves and the body (it's knit in the round, bottom-up). After putting the underarm stitches on waste yarn, joining the sleeves and body, and knitting one whole round, I suddenly realized that the sleeves are wayyyyyyyy too long! Not only that, but one sleeve is an inch-and-a-half longer than the other. :rollseyes: I could totally cry. :crying:
So I spent half an hour this morning unknitting the round and putting the sleeves back on waste yarn. I'm going to be doing some frogging but first I need to do some analyzing and recalculating. I can't quite figure out what went wrong, so I'm going to count all rows on both sleeves, compare to each other and then compare to the pattern. I had already discovered an error in the sleeve pattern early on, emailed the designer, and got confirmation that it was in error. I thought I had figured out how to fix it, but now I'm thinking I didn't do it right (the pattern had one too many increases and an extra round - but now I'm wondering if it mistakenly had actually had two extra rounds). My gauge was spot on....
:crying: :crying: :crying: