:happydance:I know I said i didn't want to be a swap mom again.. but it is hard to resist! So here it is :teehee:
Swap time line is easy. Sign-ups close [SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid]June 15, 2008[/COLOR][/SIZE].
It is a one month swap, with your package being shipped no later then [SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid]August 1, 2008[/COLOR][/SIZE]. Please be timely!
here is the plan:
* each person would pick a few themes/ideas/colors they love (i.e. roses, mermaid, green, fast cars, cookies, lady bugs ...)
* favourite fibers (and allergies too! got to be a responsible swapper)
* one technique or particular type of pattern they haven't tried but would like to.
* multiple options are best, and make it much more of a surprise!
the secret sender would then be responsible for doing the following:
* [B]dye[/B], [B]spin[/B], or[B] buy[/B] yarn/fiber in their selected price range and theme
* find [B]at least[/B] one pattern that highlights the technique their receiver wants to learn (or possible an exact pattern)
* keep everything [B]in theme[/B]! (edible goodies not-withstanding)
* [U][B]CONTACTING[/B][/U] your secret pal once when you get their info, a second time no later then July 14, 2008, and a third time when you have mailed the package. (snail mail, email,KH, ravelry)
of course (as usual) would be little goodies like stitch markers (handmade or bought), chocolate, teas, special regional treats or favourite candies .. whatever pops into your fabulous head! the idea of the receiver giving the sender at least two theme ideas to choose from would make the anticipation and surprise a little greater, and in my not so humble opinion, even better.
Package tracking or delivery confirmation is NOT required, but recommended.
I will not tolerate anyone NOT contacting their pal. This helps your pal know you are still participating, and keeps you more accountable for your package. Swappers, if your partner fails to contact you by July 14th, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Email is best but PMs will also get my attention! [/I]