Here is what I made in March, it took about the whole month with the planning, knitting, interruptions and everyday life included.
I designed this myself, inspired by the acorn buttons I've had in my button stash for some time. The yarn is Phildar Loisirs 139, I don't think they make it anymore. It is fingering weight and I held it doubled throughout. The fiber is 85% acrylic and 15% wool. Machine wash. Very nice stuff.
Here it is lying flat.
The only thing I don't like about it is the way the transition from the textured stitch to the st st curls in. It is worse in the back as you can see from this picture.
I made it for my as yet unborn grandson. But I thought I'd make it big so his big sister could wear it too. She is the model. I think it will fit her better next fall.