There are two options when posting photos. You can attach a photo directly from your computer or you can keep your photos in a photo hosting site like Flickr. I'll help you do both here, but first some basic information.
[COLOR=Red][U]Please make your photos 800 pixels wide or less on the longest side[/U].[/COLOR] Resizing them not only makes them better for forum viewing, but it also reduces the file size so slower connections can load them faster. If you have your own photo software by all means use that, but if you don't there are a couple online sites that can do it for you.
Once your photos are resized here's how to share them -
ATTACHING A PHOTO from your computer.
- Click on the paper clip on the message tool bar
- Click browse to find the folder you have the photo in
- Click upload when you find it
- That's it. The photo will show up when you click 'submit new thread'.
NOTE Photo will not show when clicking preview when attaching a photo.
[B]POSTING A PHOTO FROM FLICKR
[/B]1. Set up a Flikr account (free) and upload your photos
2. Click on the photo you want to share
3. Click the drop down arrow on the "Actions" box and select "view all sizes".
4. Select the size you want to post (the smaller medium is perfect most of the time)
5. Right click with your mouse and select "Copy Image Location" (not copy image). (This is in Firefox, it may say something different in Internet Explorer)
- Now go back to KH and start a new thread. Click on the 'insert image' icon and paste the url in the box.
- That's it! The photo will appear automatically in this method.
A few sites that I know allow posting of photos are Photobucket and Picasa. If you choose to use another photo hosting site check that they allow you to post photos like this. Not all of them do. If they do allow it then the same basic method applies of clicking the 'insert image' icon and pasting the url.
Hope this helps you share you photos! :yay: