Yay, I am almost finished with the skull tote! :cheering:
The first photo is the finished, unfelted size. I included my checkbook for size reference. The second is a picture of the inside. Ugh! I used 4 bobbins for the yellow color but tried to use only 1 of the main color (the pattern suggested 2 and 1!!). I pulled the strands too tight and the skull part was puckering. :help: I figured the best thing would be to start felting it, and then cut the strands on the back so the motif could spread out. I was just worried I would cut them too soon and the thing would fall apart!
But I think I picked a good time to do it. So the motifs are still a little more puckered than I would like, especially in this one area I showed the closeup of, but... It's my first bag! :woohoo:
I don't like the inside (it looks like worms!) so I'm going to try to figure out how to attach a lining. Yikes! My sewing skills are usually limited to buttons, so I hope it goes okay. I am going to give the inside a trim first, and probably shave the whole bag as it is a little hairy. :teehee:
This is a gift for a coworker/ friend. We work the night shift alone together several nights a week and she's the best! I hope she will like it. :mrgreen: