Okay here's pictures.
The first pics are the merino bag: green snd purple (actually the lilac and asparagus, if you want to be technical).The bottom was 34sts X 50ish rows, and the top is 170ish sts around and 100ish rows. the "A" is hard to see in the pics, but it DID turn out after felting: I might use a triple strand next time to make it stick out a bit more. The sparkle and fun fur were the customer's request (and i think they look great! i used a double strand of sparkle and a triple strand of fun fur)
The next set are the WOTA bag: I used cherry blossom and daffodil. I kind of had some free time during the yard sale, so I started this bag yesterday around noon and knitted ALLLLLLLLL day until DH made me go to bed around 1am... then knitted more this morning from 9-12 when I finished. AND yay me this is my first experience with colorwork. I decided "hey i'm going to felt it, so if it looks icky, who cares?" I just made up the pattern, and thankfully it worked out with the number of stitches I picked up for the top (which I didn't count) . and :cheering: KK :cheering: helped me figure out how to CO with 2 colors on the phone on Saturday night :inlove: MUAH :inlove:
the merino (green, purple) is very soft, flexible, and non-fuzzy. It was also easier to stretch and block after felting. It took 3 washings.
the WOTA (red, yellow) is VERY sturdy, but REALLY fuzzy!!! This was after only 1 washing, and I might wash it one more time to make it tighter.
One more thing: the merino shrank a LOT more in width than in length (you can see in the before and after pics). The WOTA shrank equally all the way around, and the top part where the color work is shrank in more than the bottom part b/c even thought i was trying to strand the colors loosely, it was still too tight. BUT i LOVE how it turned out anyway.
Okay let's get these pics up! Oh and there's a cheesy one of ME, too, with both bags