Hi again folks. Here I am again with this darn pattern I can't seem to get!
I'm working on a Katia Pattern (book 48, #34) and i can't even seem to do the gauge swatch!
The swatch should end up 4x4, but every pattern row i end up with one less stitch. Looking at the pattern, it seems that the pattern decreases 1 each pattern row, but i'm pretty new at this and can't be sure.
Here is what it says:
With smaller needles in combination of Stockinette stitch, Dropped Stitch and Double Decrease: 15 sts and 20 row = 4x4”
Cast on 19 sts and work size A to the second *, [18 sts rem.], continue in established pattern for 4”
DIRECTIONS for A (to do gauge swatch)
- p1, yo, work 1 Double Decrease (see below), yo, p1, k2, work 1 Dropped Stitch (see below), k2
There is a note in the pattern that also says: - On all reverse-side rows, work sts as they appear except for the DROPPED STITCH which is worked as Garter St. Next Row
- Slip 2 sts tog as if to knit them
- k1, Pass slipped sts over knitted st
- k2 tog, yo, slip 1, k1, PSSO
- On the next row knit the YO and on all following rows, work this st in Garter st
thanks for your time!