I have been driving myself crazy all morning trying to achieve the gauge called for in a pattern and have not yet hit Bingo!
The pattern calls for Cilantro yarn by Nashua, which is a 70/30 cotton/acrylic blend worsted weight...17 st/per inch on #10 1/2 needles.
I am substituting 51/49 cotton/acrylic blend worsted by Plymouth which calls for #8 needles. I am down to #4 needles and getting 18 st/inch.
I decided to check Yarndex to see what I'd find there...They report 16-18 st/in on #8 needles...So, there is apparently a big discrepancy in tension with this yarn.
Back to the drawing board...too bad I didn't save all my guage samples!!!