I recently bought the KPO and love them but I do agree with the one complaint I often hear about them - the case just isn't very good. Well I couldn't let my needles sit idly by while this problem persisted so I ran out and bought some Sugar 'n Cream Cotton and whipped up this case!
The whole thing was done with two balls of Sugar 'n Cream on size 7 needles using the double knitting technique (that Amy explains here). I think this technique is a lot of fun and I took advantage of the fact that swapping colors from front to back creates a wall. This is how I created all the pockets and just bound-off the front color at the top of the pockets to create openings. Of course I love icord too so I added some of that for ties and for a convenient loop to stick my needles in that tucks into the upper left pocket.
Thanks for looking!