I can't believe it's finished. I started this afghan in January and it's finished. I took a break during the summer because it was so hot to have the wool on my lap while I was knitting.
It's made of 12 skeins of Manos Del Uruguay wool in 4 colours, 105 (variegated), 67 (green), 26 (rose), and 11 (blue). I knit it in strips and then sewed them together, blocked them and I just finished putting on the fringe. I was going for a "thrown-together" look, sort of rustic and I like the way it turned out. I can tell that I have become a much better knitter since January, and I was tempted to re-do some of them squares, but i sort of like it.
I would definitely recommend this pattern to everyone, but it was a little expensive considering how much a skein of Manos is, but I am thinking ouf it like an heirloom.
The first picture shows the afghan being blocked on garbage bags. It took 4 days to dry because it was so humid out.
The second picture is of the completed afghan with fringe. The frind looks sort of cute because it has each colour in it.
The third picture shows Lucy sniffing the afghan. She was so curious and wouldn't stop smelling it. I guess because it's animal fiber! It also shows a close up of the squares and my first attempt at sewing something up.
The pictures don't really do it justice, but here they are: