I knit up another Jenny Cloche...but it didn't fit! Ack! So before tearing it all out...I added a rolled brim...and I rather like it! BTW: I had to re-work that rolled brim 5 times til it fit right and looked right. Graduated from a US9, then 10.5, then finally 11. Shees.
If I'd know better (that the yarn would be too lightweight) I would have cast on 34st for the body, rather than 26st. Hindsight.
I cinched up the seam of the body, added a band, and attached a lady bug pin that I love.
I'll wear the lady bug on the side.
If I decide that I don't like the fuss, I can undo the cinch factor, the band, and put the lady bug away...and wear the plain seam in the very back. No problem.
Glad I didn't have to frog the entire thing. Ella Rae Latte doesn't like to be frogged. The hat used 136 yds. Almost 2 balls of the Ella Rae Latte. I have 17g left and not an ounce of patience.
Front view of hat below:
A rather clumsy photo, taken in the bathroom...
My Ravelry notes, including pattern information. Clickhere.