It's rather funny how things turn out.
I was working on the modified version of my ipod cover when I realized about half way down that I casted on 12 stitches rather than 16. It wasn't going to be wide enough for my Ipod.
But I didn't want to frog it. The knitting itself was coming out too pretty to just tear apart.
So as I began to curse the idea of starting all over again my eyes fell upon my cell phone and it was like a happy dance went off in my head. :happydance: I decided to use what I was knitting and turn it into a cell phone case...
(Note: For some reason this pic came out lighter than the first one. The original color likeness is more of the first one. ^_^)
So simple enough. I just kept on knitting about 50 rows and then sewed the seams at the sides. I added a pretty golden toned button on the front and, using the same yarn I used for my prior piece, created a braided cord that I sewed on the inside back of the case.
And et voila...I was done in about an hour's time. :woot:
I'm actually quite happy with this. Am using it at the moment. :mrgreen:
So yeah, I think it's rather amusing at times how things turn out at the end...even though you were never planning on taking things that way. :teehee: