I finished my first sock-like object. The ankle looks too small, but it's really stretchy, so it fits fine (K3P2 ribbing). I'm not happy with the pointy toe. This came from a pattern in "Knitting With Balls". I may not make the second sock, because I found the pattern difficult to follow--I'm pretty well convinced there was a problem in the heel turn instructions, because I finally had to just wing it to get it to come out right.
I'm still kind of proud of myself for actually making a sock, even though you can buy them for about 1/4th the cost of the yarn. I had some issues, of course, but I only picked up my first set DPNs about a week ago, so I'm pretty pleased with my progress. At least it looks like a sock, and I wasn't sure it would.