I followed the pattern for Fetching but instead of binding off when it says to, I worked another round, another cable round, and then four more rounds before binding off. This extended the base glove to my second knuckle so the flip-top bit would overlap it.
The flip-top I pretty much made up as I went along, but wrote down instructions so I could repeat it for the second mitten. I picked up 21 stitches across the back of the hand, then cast on 24 and joined it in a round. I picked up 21 stitches because I am weird about symmetry and I wanted purls on both sides where the flippy-top was attached to the glove. Really, you can do whatever you like. Cast on more, pick up more, whatever. Then I just did the cables according to the pattern, knit the 4x1 rib until it seemed long enough, and then started the decreases. Just k2togs at regular intervals, followed by a round where I just knit the knits and purled the purls, and then a round with more k2togs until I had 8 stitches left, then threaded the remaining yarn through the loose stitches and tightened it.
I did have to frog and unknit the flippy-tops a few times until I got what I thought looked nice though.
EDIT: Oh, and I kept knitting the thumb until it was long enough (can't remember how many rows I did), then started decreasing once it was sort of level with the top of my thumb. I can't remember how I decreased it anymore, but it involved just k2tog until it looked right.
I got her spayed. Don't want any little accidents. Love kittens but am really not prepared (financially or otherwise) to have them. Oddly enough, that's the best picture I've ever taken of her.