yes- I omitted the flower part at the bottom. instead I repeated the scallop rows, then did the picot edge. I didn't like the flower part and I didn't have so much yarn in one dyelot. it is a little shorter on me than the one is on the model, but I like it.
So specifically, I followed the pattern through row 12. then, I went back and repeated rows 1-6 (allowing for the increase in stitches) then I skipped back to row 21-22 and then followed the finishing rows.
my wool also seems a little stiffer and I could have used a larger hook- while I had gauge in my swatch I think I tightened up while working.
I'm going to make another one for a friend, using these modifications again.