I recently finished two Cabled Newsboy hats that I frogged. The first one, made from Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted was too tight around the cast-on. The second one was knit from Berocco Ultra Alpaca, and while I love the yarn, it wasn't the right fit for that hat...too drapey...perhaps it was the needle size I used to get gauge.
The third project is a modified version of the Spirogyra fingerless mitts. Instead of doing a yo I used a M1 backward loop. I also used the tubular cast-on for the cuffs. I wanted to use the tubular cast-off as well, but couldn't make it work this time. As it is, one mitt got cast-off in ribbing, and the other in knit, and I had to re-work the thumbs to get them to fit; but I am so done with this project.